CERAMIC PULLEY LAGGING
When conventional rubber lagging fails to correct belt slippage, the solution is Flex-Lag® Ceramic Tile Lagging. Our Ceramic Tile Lagging features the highest coefficient of friction available in lagging materials – two to three times the friction of rubber in wet, muddy or dry conditions.
Ceramic tiles consisting of a raised profile pattern of buttons are molded into a durable rubber backing. Under normal belt compression, thousands of molded ceramic buttons embed themselves into the belt’s underside, providing positive, non-abrasive traction. The raised pattern of our ceramic surface features a unique design that eliminates the sharp particles and abrasive edges associated with other styles of ceramic lagging.
features and benefits
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Ceramic tiles increase coefficient of friction between the belt and drive pulley in wet or variable conditions
- Constructed from individual ceramic tiles molded into a durable rubber backing for best-in-all abrasion resistance
- Avalable for all belts tensions
- Available with FRAS approved rubber, marked in blue for easy identification on site
- Smooth ceramic available on demand
- Flex-Lag does not require removing the pulley from the conveyor system
- A labor-saving cold vulcanization process with Flex-Lag Adhesive makes on-site installation fast, simple, and efficient
High-performance and Easy installation
Under normal belt compression, thousands of molded ceramic buttons grip the belt’s underside, for positive traction and no slippage.
The unique design of the buttons eliminates the sharp, abrasive edges associated with ordinary ceramic lagging, and helps ensure increased belt life.
Flex-Lag installation saves time because it doesn’t require removing the pulley from the conveyor system! A labor-saving cold vulcanization process makes onsite installation fast and efficient.
- Minimum Pulley Diameter: 300 mm
- Thickness: 12 – 30 mm
- Temperature Rating: -15° C to 85° C
- Rubber Compound: SBR (Styrene-Butadiene-Rubber)
- Rubber Hardness: 68 ± 3 Shore A
- FRAS (Fire Resistant Anti Static) – MHSA Certification # MSHA NO. IC-190
- Ceramic Compound: Aluminum Oxide (Al203)
- Ceramic Hardness: 83 HRA Rockwell Hardness Scale A
- Belt Width: 450 – 2100 mm