ALLIGATOR® STAPLE FASTENING SYSTEM
Easy and fast installation
The Alligator® Staple Fastening System is ideal for a wide variety of light- and medium-duty fastener applications. The system features one-piece fastener strips with pre inserted staples that speed installation and keep downtime to a minimum.
features and benefits
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Mechanical fastener rating up to 35 kN/m
- Belts from 1.5 mm to 6.4 mm thick
- Pulley diameters from 50 mm to 102 mm
- Produces an abrasion-resistant splice
- Beveled edges and recessed staple pockets deliver a low-profile splice that is belt component compatible
- Available in steel, stainless steel, MegAlloy®, and magnetic stainless
- Quick and easy installation
Easy but Rugged and Durable Splice
the Alligator® Staple fastener utilizes high tensile, stainless steel staple attachment, in conjuction with an extended plate design. This design separates the point of fastener penetration from the line of belt flexing to eliminate splice fatigue at the point of belt attachment.
Alligator® Ready Set™ Staple Fastener Selection Guide:
Belt Thickness Range (mm)
Recommended Minimum Pulley Diameter (mm)
Fastener Materials Steel:
- Steel: Standard fastener material is suitable for most applications. Plated for rust and corrosion resistance.
- Stainless Steel: Type 316 provides extra resistance to abrasion, magnetic attraction, and corrosion from acids and chemicals. Also excellent for high-sanitary requirements.
- MegAlloy®: Superior resistance to wear and abrasion, providing several times the service life of steel. Not recommended where subject to impact or corrosion.
- Magnetic Stainless Type 430: For use with magnetic separators and provides resistance to wear and abrasion. Plate, staple, and hinge pins are all constructed from magnetic stainless steel.
Fastener Material Characteristics
316 Stainless Steel
Good to Excellent
430 Stainless Steel
Fair to Good
The Alligator® Ready Set™ Staple Fastener System is ideal for a wide variety of light- and medium-duty fastener applications. The system features one-piece fastener strips with pre-inserted staples that speed installation and keep downtime to a minimum.